Saturday, December 4, 2010

Kappa Delta Pi - what what!!

Last night I had my Kappa Delta Pi initiation! Finally I got some recognition for all of my hard work :) Kappa Delta Pi represents the top 20% of all educators. I'm honored to be part of such an elite group of professionals.




To be honest though... I was more excited about my cord :) I remember watching graduation ceremonies and seeing students with different cords/hoods and thinking "those people must be really smart!" Now I get one of those cords :)


However, I think the best part of the night was when my "fill-in family" surprised me. Brandon was very sweet and knew I was bummed that my family couldn't see me walk across the stage. So he secretly invited his parents and loren to come watch. I thought I was going to be the only one there without family and he made sure I wasn't.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...we were glad to be there for you! And yes, you deserve to wear the cords...you are very smart.

    ReplyDelete